Designing I/A OWTS
The following are presentations developed as an aid to architects and engineers regarding changes in standards for onsite wastewater treatment systems in Suffolk County, NY. They also introduce the design of Innovative/Alternative Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems (I/A OWTS). These presentations were part of a series of seminars arranged by Peconic Green Growth with the sponsorship of The Nature Conservancy and participation by the Suffolk County Department of Health Services.
- Protecting Water for Public and Environmental Health – Chris Clapp, TNC
- Overview of Suffolk County Efforts to Introduce I/A OWTS – John Sohngen
- Overview of Changes To Residential and Commercial Standards – John Sohngen
- The Design of I/A OWTS – Justin Jobin
- Alternative Wastewater Treatment Systems – Glynis Berry, PGG
To learn more about the County Incentive Programs and list of certified systems and designers, visit www.reclaimourwater.info.