Wastewater in Our Waters: SOLUTIONS
see below for links to materials presented at:
A Symposium on Decentralized Wastewater Treatment, June 21, 2013
At Suffolk County Community College’s Culinary Arts and Hospitality Center
Topics included: Planning for Impact, Technology for Decentralized Treatment, Responsible Management, Financing
- Peconic Green Growth studies
- A. R. Rubin keynote presentation
- Ed Clerico keynote presentation
- Dale Finance
Experts experienced with innovative solutions, development of guidance documents, research, regulation, and design will discuss:
- Wastewater’s role in water quality protection, the economics of clean water, and recent planning study results
- Technology’s role in the solutions
- The management and financing of decentralized wastewater treatment
The purpose of the symposium is to begin shaping an action agenda to improve wastewater treatment in decentralized locations.
Keynote speakers include Robert Rubin and Ed Clerico. Closing remarks will be by U.S. Congressman Tim Bishop.